Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Energy & Utilities Procurement Specialist (00770053)
Accenture is seeking an Energy Portfolio Specialist with deep energy market experience to help customers drive tangible results. In this capacity, you will work on a dedicated basis with Accenture customers with responsibility for implementing energy purchasing strategies [predominantly power and natural gas] on the basis of defined risk controls such as ‘price triggers’ and ‘forward cover requirements’ always utilizing the purchasing flexibility as agreed in the underlying supply contracts between our clients and their appointed utility suppliers.
You will join Accenture’s market leading Procurement organization with more than 3,300 procurement and category experts across the globe. These professionals help Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 organizations negotiate and implement savings initiatives that can improve clients’ financial performance while supporting strategic objectives like sustainability, innovation and growth.
What responsibilities will you have?
• Maximize resource utilization to ensure optimal productivity and margin contributing to contract P&L;
• Participate in new business development, especially due diligence and solution design
• Work with Client Delivery to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with contractual / service level obligations;
• Provide input to Accenture best practices;
• Present trading recommendations confidently to internal and external stakeholders;
• Energy Strategy Debrief: Perform an Energy Strategy debrief with Risk Management when a new client is entered into your portfolio;
• Routine Client Market Briefs: Ensure that your client portfolio is regularly briefed with regards to their risk positions in line with their Energy Strategies;
• Scheduled Calls: Utilising your fundamental and technical experience generate bespoke presentation material to facilitate scheduled weekly client conference calls;
• Executing Price Fixings/Unfixings: Execute all trades for your client portfolio within the Trading Desk System and perform a daily reconciliation of your Orders to ensure all positions are filled, and reconciled to the Supplier confirmation;
• Energy Price Risk: Continuously manage the price risk of your client portfolio and ensure that at all times you operate within the predefined Energy Strategy limits;
• Governance: Ensure that at all times you act in accordance with the Trading Desk Policies;
• Position Tracking: Ensure your client portfolio positions are tracked at all times against the market;
• Market Analytics: Generate detailed, client specific technical and fundamental analytics to support their portfolio positions;
• Pricing Advice: Provide recommendations to your client portfolio as to when to buy or sell energy, in line with market opportunity and within the confines of their respective risk parameters;
• Origination: Using your expertise identify and champion opportunities for future product development with a view to maximising income potential balanced against greater customer product optionality and service delivery;
• Performance Deals: Within the framework of a Structured Performance Product trade in and out of the market to maximise profitability;
• Strategy Development: Work with Risk Management during the generation of Energy Strategies to ensure that agreed client policy can adapt to future operational requirements in a dynamic marketplace;
• Purchase Performance Reporting: Generate a weekly performance report which shows your client portfolios performance against the market for discussion at the Weekly Trading Desk Meeting;
• Plus: All other duties as assigned appropriate to the development of the role and the person
What skills & experience are we looking for?
• Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers;
• Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction;
• Excellent communication, organization/time management, analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ideally a minimum of at least 2 years’ experience in the areas of energy portfolio management, procurement, energy wholesale markets, finance, risk management and/or quantitative analysis
• Proficiency in spreadsheet software (i.e. Microsoft Excel) and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint;
• Proficiency in Thomson Reuters Eikon platform;
• Effectively communicate complex market and risk management information to clients;
• Develop strong support relationships with functional leaders and key site operations personnel across all business units of Accenture’s clients;
• Influence thought leaders within the organization and in our clients’ and suppliers’ organizations to identify and implement best practices.
What (academic) qualifications do you need?
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Masters’ degree preferred
How to apply:
If you are interested in working with us please send us your resume and short application letter.
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed Accenture to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of Accenture only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.
Information about the vacancy
Plynární 1617/10, 170 00 Praha-Holešovice, Czech Republic
Bonuses, contributions to the pension / life insurance, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, corporate events, self-organization of the job